Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mornings

    I completely get that mornings are going to be a bit tricky. Especially since my husband leaves for work before any of us dream of getting up. Except the dog. She wakes up. At 6:20 every morning. What is really funny about this in a "not so haha way" is that she reminds me of my ADHD child. Both of them wake up ready to go. Remmie does it by barking in her cage, Katie does it by running from her bed to the basement to let Remmie out.

     Anyway, this morning was one of those mornings where I didn't want to do it. I just was beat. After Katie clearly let Remmie out my youngest came into my room to ask for a "wrap". For her elbow. That she hurt. I was so confused I rolled over and took a peak with one eye open. Sure enough, there stood Maggie holding her shoulder. Naturally I said, that's your shoulder. She said it hurt and she needed a wrap. I decided it was best to get up and jump into the shower. I'm lucky that my children are responsible enough to handle breakfast on their own. However, this morning when I got out of the shower I heard the three of them discussing how to properly prepare chocolate chip cookie dough. This is a great time to join them in the kitchen, I needed to make sure they actually weren't baking before 7, on a Tuesday.

    As I wound my way back upstairs, coffee in hand I looked outside to see Maggie and Katie playing baseball. BASEBALL. It was 7:05. I finished drying my hair and seriously considered not wearing make up to work today. Lizzie came into the room and told me that Santa bought her a hairbrush and no one else was to use it. Um, is this like how I buy myself a hairbrush and it disappears? Frankly, I'm going to use her hairbrush. Katie comes excitedly up the stairs to remind me to make the lunches for them.

    Contrary to what she thinks this is not the first time I have needed to make lunch AND get myself ready. My 9 year old is excellent at being a micro-manager. A law firm will thank her one day. Coffee in hand (this time to heat it back up) I finished lunches and gave kisses. Part one of my day was over. I was exhausted, already.

No comments:

Post a Comment